7 Tips to Get Optimal PLLA Results
It’s not uncommon to question your protocol when giving a PLLA Facial Filler Mask treatment if you don’t see the results you expected to get. There can be many reasons this is happening, but one of the most common is the application process itself.
Below are 7 tips to get optimal Facial Filler results with a good application.TIP 1 – Preparation is important.
- Don’t OVER prepare. If you do harsh or invasive treatments, leaving the skin even more stressed than normal, you can make things worse instead of better in this situation. Let the PLLA do the work.
- Begin by doing a thorough cleanse. Using a gentle cleanser is a good idea. Using an exfoliating cleanser isn’t necessary since you’ll be doing a very light peel.
- Follow cleansing with a maximum 20% lactic acid peel. I like SkinScript 20% Lactic Lightening Peel.
- Remove the peel completely with another gentle cleanse.
- ALLOW SKIN TO COMPLETELY DRY
- Remove any wet products from your working area so you do not get any moisture on the Magic Cell Sheet.
- While the client is drying from the prep work above, it is a good time to prepare the Magic Cell Sheets. Depending on the client’s face, you may need to cut the philtrum (between nose and mouth) piece of the Magic Cell Sheet to ensure a good fit.
- Generously apply the serum by squeezing the applicator tip.
- Apply a horizontal line of serum across the forehead.
- Apply a vertical line of serum to the left and right temple area circling under the eye to the nose
- Using a cosmetic brush with circular movements, spread the serum in the forehead, temple, eye areas. It’s important to allow the serum to soak into the skin during these steps. Use extra serum in deep wrinkles, scars, brown spots, etc. Ensure you apply serum up into the lash line.
- NOTE: Take care not to get serum in the hairline because it will pull during removal.
- After serum is applied to upper area of face, instruct client to keep eyes closed, then spritz face with 1 – 2 spritz of Stem Cell Mist, and very lightly 1 spritz to textured side of Cell Sheet.
- Immediately adhere the textured side of Magic Cell Sheet to clients face.
- Align the Magic Cell Sheet with the top of the eye brows and avoid getting the cell sheet on the brows.
- Carefully work out all of the bubbles with your finger tips and within seconds the Magic Cell Sheet will adhere.
- While you’re pushing out the bubbles make sure to keep your gloved fingers dry.
- Repeat for lower portion of face, neck, décolleté.
- If you struggle getting an airtight fit, or handling the Magic Cell Sheet, you can cut the mask in smaller sections.
- Begin working at the middle of the face and work outward to remove the air bubbles.
- Again, make sure your gloved fingers are dry to avoid adding unnecessary moisture.
- Patience balanced with client’s comfort is key here. Make sure you book enough time for this treatment to allow for 30 minutes of drying time.
- Over drying will make removal painful. You should get a little pull. If too dry, don’t spray, dab Stem Cell Mist with a cosmetic brush or q-tip to loosen the Magic Cell Sheet.
- If using Red LED to speed drying time, check at 20 minutes and never leave on longer than 30 minutes to avoid over drying the mask.
Want more awesome tips, techniques, and protocol, join Christine in the Christine Byer Beauty Club. Inside the Club is a private Licensed Esthetician Group where PRO questions are answered 24/7. Subscribe FREE for 14 days. If you don’t see value, cancel before day 14 and you will not be charged. Stay and your subscription will auto-bill for less than 3 cents a day at 9.99/month or $89/year for PRO support from an award-winning Master Licensed Esthetician.
Have you registered for your wholesale account? Registration will give you access to confidential wholesale pricing and a FREE subscription to the Esthetician Only Newsletter. *Complete the registration form today!*
Introduce Your Clie...
The USA skincare market was valued at $26.92 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach USD $37.13 billion by 2026. This is a growth rate of 4.08% f...Read More
My Top 3 Secrets to...
I’ve been in this business for 20+ year and the first 15 years were filled with struggle. I shudder to even think about it. The struggle was not fu...Read More
Preparation - SculP...
Less is more when preparing the skin for a SculPLLA Facial Filler Mask treatment for the best results. Understanding this and how to prep the skin ...Read More